The Mankato Ballet Company began in 1983 with a group of interested students and their families. The concept of ballet instruction in Mankato grew and the group incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1987. It is now recognized as one of the leading schools of ballet instruction in Minnesota.
Our emphasis is on the traditional role of classical dance as a performing art. Our teachers are experienced and professional instructors in traditional ballet, modern, tap and jazz dance. The school offers classes for children preschool age to adult. Students improve their posture, coordination, rhythm, flexibility, self-control, self-confidence and poise. These assets also shape the dancer’s ability to pursue exemplary personal, educational and career goals.
We are pleased you have chosen Mankato Ballet Company to experience the art of ballet. We are very proud of our organization, our instructors and our students. We are constantly evaluating our operation and appreciate your input regarding our program. Thank you again for choosing Mankato Ballet Company.
Mankato Ballet Company’s mission is to nurture, encourage and challenge students to achieve their potential for artistry and self-confidence through the classical dance experience.
The Mankato Ballet Company holds to several organizational goals that not only better our students, but our community.
- To bring the art of dance to youth that may not otherwise get to experience it
- To bring awareness of the art of dance to our community
- To share the art of dance through performance
- To produce dancers that have the technique and knowledge of the art of dance so they may pass it on to others
- To be a positive learning environment for our students