Mankato Ballet Company Code of Conduct
We intend for students and parents of the Mankato Ballet Company to strive to behave in a positive and constructive manner at all times and to utilize truth, fairness and integrity in the development of personal decisions and relationships both inside and out of the classroom.
Code of Conduct for MBC Parents and Students
Mankato Ballet Company strives to offer the highest level of dance instruction in a positive, respectful and caring environment. In order to develop and ensure this environment, we ask all of our students and our parents/caregivers/families to abide by the following rules and code of conduct. As always, we are open to feedback, so if any of the requirements outlined below are unclear or concerning, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These guidelines are intended to provide all dance parents and students guidance in daily settings from the dressing room, the dance studio to one-on-one instruction.
Dancers Code of Conduct
- Honesty and integrity are expected.
- Dancers must participate within Mankato Ballet Company rules and respect all the teachers/staff/volunteers and their decisions.
- Dancers must respect their fellow dancers.
- Dancers must not distract, bully or harass other dancers.
- Dancers must be polite and display good manners at all times.
- Dancers must refrain from cursing, using offensive racial or obscene speech, gestures or written materials.
- Dancers must refrain from talking back to adults or refusing to comply with reasonable requests.
- Dancers must refrain from physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying other dancers, staff, or instructors. This includes social media postings referencing directly or indirectly to a student, staff, studio brand, and/or affiliations to the studio.
- Dancers and company members are the face of MBC and should conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on the organization.
- When representing Mankato Ballet Company, dancers must continue to follow Mankato Ballet Company’s code of conduct as they are representatives of our organization.
Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
- Honesty and integrity are expected.
- Parents are encouraged to support their child’s/children’s involvement and help them enjoy the art of dance.
- Parents must demonstrate respect for faculty and staff at all times.
- Parents must not raise issues of disagreement publicly.
- Parents will not engage in inappropriate conduct towards instructors, staff, other dancers and families.
- Parents must discourage challenging and inappropriate conduct towards instructors, staff, other dancers and families.
- Parents will refrain from physical, mental, emotional or cyber-bullying other dancers, staff, instructors or families. This includes social media postings referencing directly or indirectly to a student, staff, families, studio brand, and/or affiliations to the studio.
- Parents must remember that children participate in dance for their own enjoyment.
- Parents will teach their children respect for other students, teachers and adults and lead by example.
- Parents will encourage and guide their child to accept responsibility for his/her own performance and behavior.
On the occasion that repeated failure to comply with the Code of Conduct occurs, Mankato Ballet Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any students or parent/guardian/family member who breach Mankato Ballet Company’s code of conduct.
Please remember – it is a privilege to participate in ballet classes and performances. One’s behavior must emulate that privilege.
Non-Discrimination Policy Mankato Ballet Company admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or any other programs.
Note: These statements are also found on our registration form and must be agreed to before a dancer may enroll for classes.